Germany hits the Euro for the second time with Musiala as the protagonist

STUTTGART.- Jamal Musiala scored his second goal of the tournament and helped Germany beat Hungary 2-0 on Wednesday to confirm their place in the knockout phase of the Eurocup.

Musiala opened the scoring in the 22nd minute with a score that the Hungarian team protested strongly. lkay Gündoan assisted and the German captain later also got on the scoreboard in the second half.

Musiala, 21, also scored his team's second goal in a 5-1 victory in Friday's opening match against Scotland. Hungary lost 3-1 to Switzerland the next day and now faces an uphill battle to advance.

Hungary faces Scotland in the final Group A match on Saturday and the host nation will face Switzerland.

Germany definitively advanced to the next phase by confirming that it will be at least one of the best third places. He will be confirmed in the first two places if Scotland does not beat Switzerland later.

Hungary had not lost in its three previous matches against Germany and won the last two and this Wednesday they gave the locals a fight in Stuttgart.

Marco Rossi's team started aggressively and surprised Germany by almost taking the lead after 20 seconds. Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer had to be quick to dive for the ball and stop Roland Sallai.

On the other side, Hungarian goalkeeper Péter Gulácsi avoided a shot by Kai Havertz.

The noise increased every time Musiala had the ball and the forward who was born in Stuttgart opened the scoring in a chaotic manner.

Peculiar goal:

Musiala tried to assist Gündoan, but Hungarian defender Willi Orbán received the ball first. Orban stumbled and while Gulácsi tried to help him, Gúndoan stole the ball from him and passed it back to Musiala, who shot into the back of the goal while the goalkeeper was still on the ground.

Hungary almost equalized immediately, but Neuer prevented Dominik Szoboszlai's free kick.

Sallai's header was disallowed for offside in first-half added time.

Germany remained in control in the second half and Gulásci denied Gündoan and Toni Kroos a goal.

The locals extended their lead to 68 when Maximilian Mittelstädt passed the ball to Gündoan, who shot into the goal.