Cristiano Ronaldo points out that he is “probably” in the last year of his career

MADRID.- The Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo41, feels he is “probably” in his last year as a professional soccer player, he said in an interview with the magazine Vogue published on Sunday.

CR7, who has been active for more than two decades and is one of the biggest names in football, with 950 goals in his club and national team career, admitted that his retirement will come “soon”, in “one or two years”.

“This is probably my last year in football and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” he told Vogue, noting that he has “everything planned” for his future life.

“I have many things that keep me busy, so saying one would be difficult,” he said about how he plans to spend his free time when he retires, citing travel and paddle tennis among his favorite activities.

“Football can leave a big void, so you have to fill the time in several ways, not just one,” said the former player of the Manchester United, real Madrid and Juventus.

At the beginning of this week, Cristiano Ronaldo got married in an intimate ceremony in Cascais (nearly Lisbon) with his partner, the Spanish influencer and model Georgina Rodriguez.

“I want to continue enjoying what I have won, what we have won. In the end, it has been 25 years with a lot of sacrifice,” said the five-time winner of the Ballon d’Or.

With Portugal, with whom he conquered Euro Cup in 2016 and the UEFA Nations League in 2019 and 2025, was recently in the World Cup 2026reaching the round of 16.

After that experience he is preparing to rejoin the Al Nassr Saudi, club in which he has played since the beginning of 2023, for the new season of the Saudi Pro League.

Villarreal comes back and saves a draw

With two goals in just over a minute, the Villarreal managed to equalize this Sunday 2-2 on their visit to the newly promoted Santander Racingon the first day of Spanish LaLiga.

The locals, back in the first division after fourteen years, went ahead in front of their fans in the stadium The Sardinero with a penalty converted by Andres Martin (21′).

With a powerful shot from outside the area, Sergio Martinez (34′) he raised the crowd to put the Cantabrian club ahead 2-0.

But the “Yellow Submarine”, led this campaign by coach Inigo Perezresponded before the break with a cross shot from Pape Gueye (45′) and a great goal from Nicolas Pepé (45+1′).

In the second half, both teams had chances to win, but neither managed to get the three points.

This Sunday the Spanish received the Levant in the other LaLiga match of the day.

He Atlético de Madrid will enter the fray on Wednesday on their home court against Malagawhile real Madrid and FC Barcelona will play next weekend, with visits to Spanish and Elcherespectively.